Specifically designed for extremely low height access applications, our Hydraulic Torque Wrenches offer a cost efficient option to handle a wide range of bolt tightening and break-out needs.
Our standard Square Drive Series features eight different tools with capacities ranging from 194 to 81,360 N.m of torque using a 10,000 p.s.i hydraulic pump.
Our standard Hydraulic Cylinder/Link Series features seven different wrenches with capacities ranging from 159 to 60,720 N.m of torque using a 10,000 p.s.i. hydraulic pump.
With our range of power consoles and accessories, and 70 years of experience in the Torque Industry, Norbar can tailor a solution to your specific bolt tensioning application, no matter how unique!
- Slotted Piston Rod – Maintains 90° relationship between piston rod and nut. Increases accuracy. Reduces number of moving parts.
- Direct Porting Technology – Norbar unique hydraulic porting design incorporates a more direct route for the hydraulic fluid to pass through when coming in and out of the tool than our competitors. The end result of our design produces a faster actuating and retracting wrench.
- Coated – All exposed parts are coated to resist corrosion.
- 360° Swivel Fittings (Patented) – Allow hose movement without hose binding. Stainless steel with fewer moving parts - a great improvement over competitors’ delicate design. (Dual plane swivel fittings shown below)
- Light/Ergonomic – Reduces operator fatigue.
- Calibrated – Every tool is tested and calibrated to ± 3% accuracy
Norbar Square Drive (NSD) Series
Norbar square drive hydraulic ratchet wrenches offer a cost efficient option to handle a wide range of bolt tightening and break-out needs.
The NSD Series ratchet wrench employs a “patented design” which increases accuracy and reduces the number of moving parts. Our robust and lightweight aluminium body completely encloses the drive train assembly keeping the crucial lubricant inside the tool while significantly reducing the opportunity for outside elements to contaminate the inside of the tool.
The series features nine different tools with capacities ranging from 100 to 60,000 lbf.ft of torque using a 10,000 p.s.i. hydraulic pump.
- Square Drive Ratchet Wrench – For use with all standard size square drive impact sockets. Easily shifts from tightening to break-out without disassembly.
- Square Drive Bodies – Made of durable, high strength, lightweight aircraft alloy giving the housing maximum strength with minimum weight.
- Uni-body – Eliminates “Pinch Points”. Reduces side loading. Totally enclosed drive-train assembly allowing nothing in or out of the tool.
- Reaction System – This system allows the reaction member to index in increments of 7.5 degrees creating 48 different reaction points in both directions. This reaction system is reversible which gives the user an additional 48 different reaction points - 96 reaction positions in total.
- Anti-Reverse Pawl – Holds rotational wind-up to maintain required torque.
- Pawl Release – Anti-reverse pawl release mechanism allows manual release of tool if “binding” occurs.
- Reaction Member – Reaction has 360° rotation and is made of lightweight aircraft alloy.
Norbar Hydraulic Cylinder/Link (NHC/L) Series
In-line hydraulic ratchet wrenches require minimum clearance while applying torque on the same plane as the nut, providing a marked improvement over square drive socket wrenches.
Our patented design breakthrough reduces the overall dimensions of the in-line ratcheting head allowing it to fit almost every application.
- Lowest Overall Radial Clearance – Our patented rail design allows us to make the interchangeable low profile heads with the smallest radius currently on the market.
- In-line Ratchet Wrench – Standard head sizes from 3/4” nuts across the flats. Metric and special sizes available.
- Precision Machined – Increases accuracy, durability and repeatability and reduces surface damage to the nut.
- Uni-body – Eliminates “Pinch Points”.
- Reaction Pad – Reacts against adjacent nut. No reaction member necessary.
- Multi-Axis Porting System – NHC/L Series tools are the first and only system that allows the swivels to be manually relocated from the top of the tool to the back of the tool (or vice versa) using only simple hand tools.
- Drive Pin Design (Patented) – Reduces overall dimensions of hex head including a thinner “nose” radius.
- Cylinder – Made of TL T-6 durable, high-strength, lightweight aircraft alloy with the same sturdy, dependable and accurate design (as steel cylinder).